Here we are….just one month away from the 254th York Fair! On Friday morning, September 6th we will swing open the gates and the biggest celebration in York County and southern Pennsylvania will take place with all kinds of Fair foods, fun, entertainment all in celebration of Agriculture and York County.
Over the past several months we’ve been planning for this moment and I wanted to use this month’s blog post to highlight several new things that you’ll experience at the York Fair this year.
First, we’ve taken a hard look at our gate promotions and ways that we can save our Fair guests on admission prices. We’ve added three new gate promotions and brought back some of our most successful ones from years past. A complete list of our gate promotions for 2019 will be listed at the end of this blog post. People’s Bank Dollar Day, Weis Market’s Day, PA Lottery Senior Citizens Day, Pre-School Pals Day courtesy of Froggy 107.7 FM, and Heroes Appreciation Day all return this year. New this year will be Apple Automotive Group Customer Appreciation Day, Family Day, and Buy One Get One free (BOGO Day). All of the details are listed at the end of this blog post.
Secondly, we’ve upped our entertainment. This year we are excited to kick off the 2019 York Fair with the first Opening Night concert in many years featuring country music superstar, Brad Paisley. We’ve also learned that this will be the single largest stage production in the history of the York Fair as the tour is traveling with ten semi-tractor trailers of equipment and a large crew on ten motor coaches. This show promises to kick off the 2019 York Fair in a big way as during the rest of the Fair our concerts feature Darci Lynne from America’s Got Talent, Bethel Music, Triple Play Tuesday with Tesla, Jackyl and Kix, Outlaws & Renegades featuring Travis Tritt and Charlie Daniels, and Brantley Gilbert. All of the concerts have been selling really well and yet there are plenty of good seats still available as we can seat nearly 11,000 fans for a concert.
Third, we’ve kept our motor sports lineup intact for the last weekend of the 2019 York Fair. The 4th annual Monster Truck Showdown will take place on the last Saturday of the Fair with two huge shows featuring Zane Rettew and Stinger Unleashed. There will also be a motorcycle stunt show as part of both events. On the final day of the Fair, we will host the annual Demolition Derby which is free for everyone to watch with your paid admission. Combining the free Demo Derby with BOGO day gives our Fair guests a huge day value wise!
You’re also going to find tons of free entertainment throughout the grounds. Max Power is a nine-foot-tall robot that will roam throughout the grounds. Kachunga and the Alligator is an incredible educational show about Alligators. The Wild Wheels Thrill Show brings back some nostalgia as stunt riders on motorcycles and go karts will amaze you while riding on the inside of a huge wooden barrel type structure. The Firefighter Training Show will offer kids of all ages the chance to see what it is like to be a firefighter. Plus, your favorites like the Racing Pigs and the Glass Blower will be here as well.
Many of your favorite exhibits return as well, including all of the Old Main exhibits, Horticulture Hall, and of course plenty of Livestock in the arena for the duration of our ten-day event!
Two of the biggest changes you will notice this year involve Memorial Hall and Heritage Hall. This year we are expanding our Ag Education Center and relocating it to Memorial Hall West. This will almost double the size of this popular event for families and children as we take our mission of promoting and educating agriculture to the next level. Commercial Vendors will be moving over to Memorial Hall East and already the space is almost sold out, so if you’re looking to be a vendor, I’d encourage you to get in touch with our Concessions Department soon.
Heritage Hall will become Heroes Hall during the Fair and will feature Veterans Displays and Exhibits and serve as a gathering place for Veterans. This will be relocated from the tent that had previously been on the east end of the track near kiddieland. There will also be military vehicles and various Veteran’s organizations represented in Heroes Hall.
We have also relocated the antique tractor tent from the east end of the track to an area just south of Heroes Hall, in a more centralized location that will make it easier for Fair guests to see these incredible machines and spotlight those owners who have taken the time to restore many of these tractors to like new status.
All of these layout changes have been made in preparation for even more changes in 2020 that will give the Fair a fresh new look. We will be announcing more details on changes in 2020 in the coming weeks once the 2019 York Fair wraps up…and some of our announcement will be really big so stay tuned!
Finally, what would a Fair be without all of the Fair Food and the midway. There will be several new tasty treats for you to sample from at least ten new vendors including Bubble Waffles and a Human Powered Hamster Wheel to make snow cones. Deggeller Attractions returns for their 9th consecutive year with 50 rides for all ages. Making it’s debut at the York Fair on the Deggeller Attractions midway will be the Space Port, a super spectacular ride that rises 120 feet into the sky and will turn you every which way but loose. We are also anticipating a different roller coaster this year and another spectacular ride or two that weren’t here last year.
As you can see there will be lots to see and do and I hope to see you at the 2019 York Fair!
Until next month, may all your days be Fair days! (I know of ten that certainly are about to be!)
York Fair/York Expo Center
PROMO DAYS – 2019
Friday, September 6, 2019
- People’s Bank Dollar Day- $1 admission per person per day; $1.00 per ride on Deggeller Attractions midway.
Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Deggeller Attractions Wristbands $23 all day.
Sunday, September 8, 2019
- Heroes Appreciation Day courtesy of the York Fair- Free admission for Firefighters, Police, Veterans, Active Duty Military, EMS Personnel with proper I.D. and one guest. Regular Parking charges apply. Deggeller Attractions wristband $23 all day.
Monday, September 9, 2019
- Weis Market’s Day- Free admission for up to four people with a Weis card. Deggeller Attractions wristband $20.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Senior Citizens Day courtesy of PA Lottery. Free admission for Sr. Citizen with Medicare Card noon-4pm. Regular Parking charges apply. Deggeller Attractions wristband $20.
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- *NEW* Apple Automotive Group Customer Appreciation Day-Free Carload admission and parking OR free walk-up admission (up to four people) for Apple Automotive Group customers. Vehicles with Apple Automotive Group emblem, license plate frame or a receipt from any Apple Automotive Group company required for free admission.
Thursday, September 12, 2019
- *NEW* Family Day-Children 17 and under admitted FREE with paid adult admission Deggeller Attractions wristbands $20.
Friday, September 13, 2019
- Pre-School Pals Day courtesy of WGTY “Froggy” 107.7 FM. FREE ADMISSION from 11:00am-3:00pm for one adult with a Pre-Schooler. Regular parking charges apply. Kiddie Kingdom Ride Wristbands $10 for purchase 10:00am-3:00pm- ride until 4:00pm. Deggeller Attractions wristbands $21.
Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Regular admission and regular parking charges. Deggeller Attractions wristband $23.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
- *NEW* BOGO DAY (Buy One Get One). Buy one admission at the regular price and get the second admission FREE. Buy one Deggeller Attraction wristband at $23 and get one FREE.